[pp.int.general] Press release re. IPRED2

Rick Falkvinge (Piratpartiet) rick at piratpartiet.se
Mon Apr 16 07:03:14 CEST 2007

Hi folks,

I just thought I'd draw your attention to this press release about
IPRED2:
http://www.piratpartiet.se/nyheter/press_release_european_union_to_outla
w_pirate_party

 We'll be asking our members to write to their MEPs and voice their
concerns (politely and factually, of course) and I'd encourage you to do
the same.

Also check out http://www.copycrime.eu/ which is the EFF's page on the
subject.

IPRED2 is coming up fast. The MEPs deadline for submitting individual
amendments is Wednesday, and the vote is next week.

Rick

PS: I read about the Spanish LISI - dreadful. It's certainly going to
get worse before it gets better. In a sign that it will get better,
though, the Norwegian Liberal party ("Venstre") copied our copyright
stance point for point this weekend.