[pp.int.general] CCTV reports (at last!)

Amelia Andersdotter teirdes at gmail.com
Thu Aug 9 01:30:57 CEST 2007

On 09/08/2007, Andrew Norton <andrew.norton at pirate-party.us> wrote:

> Its shamefull. Really it is, I'm ashamed, sometimes, to call myself british.

I don't think the problem is the British population but that you are
deceived by the people you elect to rule you wisely, or whatever.

The Home Office does in the first paragraph of their conclusion both
conclude that none of their promises with CCTV surveillance
effectiveness are fulfilled, and that the reason  they can still
fulfill those promises with CCTV is that we (the citizens) are too
simplistic to comprehend the ways incomprehensible in which they are
fulfilled.

According to a report published in 1999 at Southwark University
(http://www.kcl.ac.uk/depsta/law/research/icpr/publications/cctv.shtml)
says "Detections through the use of CCTV have been relatively low
except for the Elephant and Castle." (Chapter 5, 3rd paragraph)

--Amelia