[pp.int.general] Is anyone still active

Christof Leng cl at piratenpartei.de
Mon Aug 20 20:07:57 CEST 2007

Yes, it's true, allofmp3 owner was found not guilty by a Russian court.
Rick posted the following here last week:

> http://www.vz.ru/economy/2007/8/15/101336.html
>
> Congratulations, this is excellent news.
>

> (English translation, courtesy of Google:
> http://translate.google.com/translate?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.vz.ru%2Feconomy%2F2007%2F8%2F15%2F101336.html&langpair=ru%7Cen&hl=en&safe=off&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&prev=%2Flanguage_tools
> <http://translate.google.com/translate?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.vz.ru%2Feconomy%2F2007%2F8%2F15%2F101336.html&langpair=ru%7Cen&hl=en&safe=off&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&prev=%2Flanguage_tools>)
This is surely not the end of the story, I expect them to appeal against
the judgment.
In other news, a court has ruled that Visa cannot deny payments to
alltunes.com (which also sells MP3s from the allofmp3 catalog) in
general. They can deny payment only on specific and proven copyright
infringements.
Good news so far.

Christof
Pirate Party Germany