[pp.int.general] Interesting quote

Christof Leng cl at piratenpartei.de
Wed Aug 29 09:06:08 CEST 2007

I'm more concerned about the next answer:

> *Question:
> Do you think that the Pirate Party's attempts to battle you guys at
> the ballot box is a legitimate way to work out these issues? *
>
> Garfield:
> There's nothing about what the Pirate Bay does or what the Pirate
> Party does that is legitimate. There's nothing philosophically
> principled about it. They steal copyright content and accept
> advertising dollars based on taking other people's work. There's
> nothing noble about it.

He mixes what we are doing (politics) and what the pirate bay does
(filesharing with money involved). I'm sure he does this intentionally
and that pisses me off. By denying us to stand up for better laws, he
actually questions freedom of speech and democracy in general.

Christof