[pp.int.general] Sorting out communication (was Re:constituting pirate-property )

Amelia Andersdotter teirdes at gmail.com
Thu Jul 12 00:18:58 CEST 2007

I didn't follow the coining of terms discussions so I must have
misunderstood. I apologise.

As for common goals, I think they will be difficult.

A quick comparison between FSF and its various international branches
that I made shows that their international organisation has very
different goals depending on where they work.

A similar comparison with Fifth International, which does have common
goals between all its branches, gives me the impression that you get
very secluded, small, elitist branches for most part and only as an
exception organisations that could be given any kind of credit at
grass root movements.

>From a political perspective, common goals are as far as I can see,
useless. However, say you'd put up goals like "number of active
members" or "number of successful campaigns (educational or
otherwise)" and that would make a lot more sense.

> A political movement is only an industry group representing the consumers
> that also puts people up for election. Of course, you could also see an
> international body as being a global industrial body - the global industry
> being that of 'pirate parties' since the international body isn't putting anyone
> up for election, and is not itself a political party.

I beg to differ. An industry in our current economical system makes
money. We do not.

Our opponents are an industrial lobby group in the sense that their
industry makes lots and lots of money. Every branch of their industry
has the money making and protection of that money making in common. We
do not.

I'm sorry if I'm being too argumentative.

Amelia Andersdotter
Piratpartiet Sweden