[pp.int.general] Fwd: [Fanac] Harry Potter's Popularity Holds Up inEarly Sales

Andrew Norton andrew.norton at pirate-party.us
Sun Jul 29 13:53:48 CEST 2007

I went with my wife to a midnight launch of it in Atlanta (she's a big fan) along with our kids. some 400 copies sold at that one store within 35 minutes of launch there. Had to say there was one apparant common theme - the majority of the book purchasers didn't seem to be big readers in general. It was either kids, reading it because it's popular, adults who were constantly saying they couldn't believe they were doing this because they don't usually read, or, like me, parents there because of their kids. People just weren't looking at other books, and despite the extra savings that night, not many people bought other books (I got a German phrase book - if you've ever seen my attempts in the German or Austrian IRC channels, you'll understand why!)

Now, someone was just talking about the Simpsons movie in another IRC channel, about how Fox are claiming the czech republic's reputation is damaged because of the movie being cammed there - http://torrentfreak.com/fox-threatens-measures-after-the-simpsons-movie-leak/

Andrew Norton
US Pirate Party
(K`Tetch)