[pp.int.general] constituting pirate-property

Jens Seipenbusch seipenbusch at web.de
Wed Jun 13 13:52:58 CEST 2007

Hi pirates,

one of the most important battelfields on our way is about terms and words.
You all know that the term 'intellectual property' is one of the best
weapons of our enemies.
In order to attack this weapon i thought of a counter-weapon as in the
following draft:

---
Capturing the term 'intellectual property' with the term
'pirate-property (PP)'

The pirate movement hereby claims pirate-property of all immaterial goods.
You say, there is no property of immaterial goods? Yes, exactly,
therefore it is called pirate-property!
Examples of pirate-property are ideas, knowledge, culture and software.
Everything in pirate-property is available to anyone without restriction
and without charge, for him to use it for new creations and to his own
advantage and/or everyone elses.
The only possibility for someone, to keep his ideas or other immaterial
goods from being claimed for pirate-property is to never tell anyone
about it and never publish it.
---

What do you think of it?
I put it up to our wiki for further development:
http://int.piratenpartei.de/Pirateproperty

regards,
Jens