[pp.int.general] Trifle: wiki license & stuff

Jouni Snellman jounisnellman at gmail.com
Sun Jun 24 20:49:27 CEST 2007

Yes John that's the billion dollar question. Basically individuals are free
to agree how they share programs or music or whatever with one another.
License terms are just a message telling you how the rightholder would like
the work to be used (or more precisely, not used).

The idea is that before you get the work you AGREE with whoever you get the
work from with the license terms - in other words you have a contract. This
is of course stuff that takes place in lawyers' heads and nowhere else. But
this is the only logical way to declare everything except industry approved
material "illegal" and to blame it on each individual user. Jouni