[pp.int.general] Trifle: wiki license & stuff

Jouni Snellman jounisnellman at gmail.com
Mon Jun 25 19:01:37 CEST 2007

Interesting. What it means is that the Pirate Parties don´t want to change
the system.

Now what it the public policy rationale for allowing anybody to monopolize
information which would otherwise be in the public domain? If an idea does
not sell now, it will not sell tomorrow and it will certainly not sell in
five years time. Consumers will buy from a monopoly only because there is no
other alternative.

In some countries the Government has already monopolized more than half of
the economy for themselves and their friends. The rest will die away too if
we don´t stop this cancer from spreading. It might be easy to sit around and
have fun with the laptop and think that some big daddy company or State will
always pay you enough to feed you. But what if it doesn´t work that way?

Going to Russia in the good old days, customs officials used to search your
bags for illegal content. These days they are mostly cool while our own
people have orders to check CDs at the border. We should be ashamed.