[pp.int.general] [Fwd: [G8-2007] Final Version G8 declaration]

Rick Falkvinge (Piratpartiet) rick at piratpartiet.se
Mon May 21 23:19:29 CEST 2007

Heads-up to all pirate parties on the list:

this declaration is almost identical to large parts of our program, and the
other signatories are organizations that we would love to be displayed with
- groups that fight for medicine rights to the third world.

People in general who don't understand our issues often think we simply are
"spoiled youngsters who want music for free". Most of them don't have the
full picture of who we are and why, and just seeing the combined list of
signatories may come as an eye opener.

It's already been signed by PP Germany, Austria, Sweden, Poland and Russia.
I'm missing Spain, Peru, US, France, Netherlands, UK, Canada, Brazil, South
Africa, and many others.

Please do take the time to read this statement and consider backing it. If
you know pirates in parties you suspect don't read this list, please forward
as appropriate.

Cheers,
Rick