[pp.int.general] pirate magazine

Jan Huwald jh at sotun.de
Mon Oct 1 13:44:49 CEST 2007

@all people outside germany: excuse this almost intern discussion :-)

Am Montag, 1. Oktober 2007 13:37:54 schrieb Helmut Pozimski:
> Mirco da Silva schrieb:
> > Hi Pirates
> >
> >> Is this going to be a paper print or only online?
> >
> > If we dont wanna have just a pirate diary to remember how smart we
> > are ;) , it would be a good ideas to distribute them to offliners and
> > make people become pirates that not already are
>
> I agree with you at this point. But if we don't find a cheap solution
> to print it we should also consider an online-version. It's at least
> better then nothing.

The bigger problem is distribution. And of course the magazine should be
available online without any fee. Did anybody question this?

In Germany we decided to create a printable version to be able to use both
media types.

> > This are some approx. prices per
> >  issue for an A4-formated 4c 24-pages
> > magazine incl. taxes and p&p at my favourit printing house CZ:
> >
> > 1.000 á 0,60€
> > 2.500 á 0,40€
> > 5.000 á 0,32€
> > 20.0000 á 0,27€
> >
> > It is affordable, isnt it?
>
> It is. But we first need the 600€ to start and as far as I can see
> nobody hast that much money left to spend it on the magazine.

If there is a finished issue, ready for print we can get the 600 €  credit
immediatly for our parties money on our parties risk. Of couse: if you ask
the parties steering board for the credit, you loose independence. That's a
trade-off, but it is better than having no magazine.

Regards,
Jan Huwald
(one of those who would abuse the lack of indendependence ;-)