[pp.int.general] Greetings from France: the Parti Pirate has a new URL

Valentin Villenave v.villenave at gmail.com
Tue Oct 9 13:58:49 CEST 2007

Hi everybody, hi Rick,

you probably haven't heard of us for a long time, but I can tell you
we are still very alive :)

We are currently trying to clean our own mess (we have to count
ourselves, rebuild our forum, stay in touch with other French
IP-related organizations, etc). Therefore, we are not very active
within the PPI (we particularly blame ourselves for not having said a
word about the Fratellini affair), but we definitely hope to be back
in business in a few weeks from now.

One of our members seems to have taken over the development of the
PirateCMS project I have mentioned a few months earlier on this list.
I remember a few guys were interested, so I'll probably digg this
thread when it's time. We also have lots of projects, but one thing at
a time :)

One of the issues we had to address this summer was... the loss of our
domain name! Indeed, it didn't belong to us, but to the original Parti
Pirate founder (codename HPK). We had a pretty hard time trying to
contact him to get the domain name back, but it turned out that he had
rented it through an amazing wax of brokers, offshore companies etc.
so we just could *not* get it back.

We had to build something completely new on a brand new domain:
parti-pirate.org (instead of .info previously). While we're still
working on it, our forum and portal are already operational. However,
the PPI doesn't mention our new URL, nor does the piratpartiet.se
International Page.

Can anyone please update these two pages:
http://www.piratpartiet.se/international/
http://www.pp-international.net/

and instead of parti-pirate.info replace it with parti-pirate.org ?

Thank you very much guys. I hope we'll have enough time and enough
resources (people, etc.) to become a big, organized structure; then I
can assure you we will be much more present and useful to the PPI.

Best Regards,
Valentin Villenave