[pp.int.general] Guy Bono vote in Europarl

Arend Lammertink lamare at tuks.nl
Fri Apr 11 08:55:59 CEST 2008

Sina Amoor Pour schreef:
> Good news Rick, but....
>
> " it is still a very strong indication about what the Europarl will
> accept in a vote and not."
>
> Don't take that for granted. You will be disappointed.

Hi all,

It's been a while since the software-patent debates took place in the
EU. I have been involved with that quite a lot at the time (see f.e.
http://www.osnews.com/story/7442/Dutch_Parliament_Considers_Revoking_Support_for_Patent_Directive
) and that has given me and all those that were involved a lot of
insight in the workings of politics in the EU.

Florian Mueller wrote a book about this and I think is quite an
interesting read for those wo are interested in how things work in the
EU. It can be downloaded at:

http://media.vrijschrift.org/NoLobbyistsAsSuch.pdf

German version:

http://media.vrijschrift.org/DieLobbyschlachtUmSoftwarepatente.pdf