[pp.int.general] PPI participation on European Social Forum?

Rick Falkvinge (Piratpartiet) rick at piratpartiet.se
Mon Apr 28 18:09:19 CEST 2008

Hi all,

There's a European Social Forum (essentially a leftish
workshop/event/party) in Malmö, Sweden this September. A lot of people
there are quite sympathetic to our ideas from a pro-democracy /
anticorporate standpoint.

Our youth section Ung Pirat (Young Pirate) will participate. However,
parliamentary groups (read: political parties) are not welcome to the
event. But international networks are. The Green Parties' international
network are participating from this stance. Also, a lot of the
participants are just loose, informal networks: there is no need for
formal registration papers of such an international network. The
participation fee for such organizations is €50.

So unless somebody objects, we (as in pp.se) will sign up PPI for the
event WEDNESDAY and pay the participation fee. People from other pp:s
across Europe are of course welcome to attend. This means that if
somebody objects, this must happen by Tuesday night at latest.

If not, you're all welcome to attend whatever's in store -- that's
probably going to be planned a bit later.

Rick