[pp.int.general] Pirate Manifesto's 5th Session Summary

Carlos Ayala aiarakoa at yahoo.es
Sat Aug 2 17:20:45 CEST 2008

Date: 31th of July
Time: 20:00 CEST (18:00 UTC)

________________________________

We've continued with discussion on the common stances of pirate parties.

After having nuances on common points for Civil Rights and
Liberties and non-core issues -about non-core issues, at least
regarding the Manifesto context-, we proceeded with Patents, Trade Marks and Author's Rights. Unfortunately, though some things were commented about the two categories
not enlisted by all pirate parties -Information Society; and Government
Transparency and Accountability-, further debate is required, which will be held in next session.

If next session were held in weekend, I hope it would be long enough to also deal with
controversies, existing in Civil Rights and Liberties,
Patents and Author's Rights, so after doing it we would be able to
focus -according to the requirements for the Manifesto development- to properly write the First Draft; we have to finish the search for our common points as soon as possible, to have as much time as possible to develop the best First Draft possible until Stage One's deadline (31st of August).

Next meeting has to be scheduled, it was proposed to move it to the next weekend instead of thursday, proposals will be welcomed. Regards

                                                                                             Carlos Ayala
                                                                                             ( Aiarakoa )

                                                                        Partido Pirata National Board's Chairman