[pp.int.general] European Social Forum 2008 - the long awaited updates

Amelia Andersdotter teirdes at gmail.com
Fri Aug 15 09:12:23 CEST 2008

Hello,

last time anything really big happened with the ESF process was at the
beginning of the merging. The forum organisers had had well over 1000
suggestions for seminars, which had to be compressed into a mere 220.
As a result of the merging, we now have three seminar partners:

* Världsbiblioteket from Stockholm, who will contribute with a
discussion on Open Access and its benefits.
* The Greens/EFA, who will contribute with a debate on the changed
premises for generating money in show biz
* Hungarian Social Forum, who will contribute with a seminar on the
possibilities and disadvantages with cyberdemocracy

Together with these four organisations, we have 3 hours of seminar in
a room for 100-200 people. With the recent political havoc in Sweden,
I have great expectations that even such a seemingly large seminar
room will not pose a problem for us to fill. Pirate Party Sweden has
recently seen a rise of almost 1000 members.

All of the participation fees are now paid. In short, things are
slowly beginning to get more comprehensible about the entire thing.

The forum program has not yet been released. This means that we do not
as yet know which day we will be holding our seminar. We do however
know that we will have a stand for information materials like
brochures and pamphlets on the 20th of September, the Saturday.

We also know that Skåne pirates will be organising a demonstration
against the heavily criticized FRA legislation on the 16th of
September, in Malmö.

If you have any questions regarding any of the above, please feel free
to contact Snild Dolkow at snild.dolkow at piratpartiet.se (+46 (0)
762026707) or Amelia Andersdotter (reached mostly by phone: +46 (0)
768547410), slash send a reply to this list.

sincerely,