[pp.int.general] where is the manifesto?

Will Pomes pomescollege at gmail.com
Mon Dec 29 04:12:01 CET 2008

On Sun, Dec 28, 2008 at 6:09 PM, Reinier Bakels <r.bakels at pr.unimaas.nl>wrote:

> Slavery was abolished anyway, as it was considered a violation of human
>> rights and not in society's best interest.
>>

> Let us try to get back on track. This rather unfruitful conversation
> started from a debate on the role of human rights in this context.

First, let me say that this debate has been very fruitful.

Any debate which encourages, no, demands such a level of thought to engage
in and follow is essential to future of the parties around the world.

Any issue of such complexity requires debate like this, proven by the length
of this debate.

American political history is rich with stories of how debate like this led
to great good, so rather then try to avoid arguements like this one, we
should actively seek them out. By accepting people of different viewpoints,
we may suffer a diluted conviction, but we gain a wider view of the whole
issue.