[pp.int.general] FRA Warning

Reinier Bakels r.bakels at pr.unimaas.nl
Wed Dec 31 10:12:50 CET 2008

>> Well, just until /Lex Orwell/ gets revoked, for relevant mails -if any-
>> we may use GnuPG. Regards,
>
> Any ideas how to encrypt mails sent to a mailinglist? :)

Wouldn't it be more interesting (and informative) to see what actually
happens under the FRA law? I communicated for some time with a gentleman
called Callahan - a word that includes the letters "allah", and I hoped that
the filters would be simple enough to identify me as a terrorist threat.
What would happen then? Would I get an invitation from the police to get
acquainted? ("Oh no, you are not a suspect, we onlyt want to meet you")
Would I be followed by a shadow in a raincoat? I have already been
identified as someone of foreign origin ("allochtoon" in Dutch terminology)
because my mother was born in Germany (where my grandfather was a Dutch(!)
diplomat), and most terrorists are foreigners. Or will they simply ignore
me, because I don't look like someone of mediterrenean origin, with my blue
eyes and blond hair?

reinier