[pp.int.general] where is the manifesto?

Carlos Ayala Vargas aiarakoa at yahoo.es
Wed Dec 31 17:13:53 CET 2008

Reinier Bakels wrote:
> a true reduction of the term would require EU directives to be changed
> - or countries should leave the EU.
Better changing EU directives. While leaving EU is always possible, it
wouldn't in my opinion be desirable at all as union makes strength.
Things should be even pretty worse than now -truly unbearable, barely
revokable decisions- to make such move, so as long as we are up to
change things within EU, it seems (at least to me) to be the best option
thinking which EU directives would we need to include in our EU platform
as political goals. I believe that moving away from EU would only be the
best option if there were no other option.
> Counties may also leave the World Trade Organisation, and no longer be
> subject to the TRIPS provisions. But the World Trade Agreemment
> puposely was designed a package involving free trade as well.
While we would may discuss about whether free world trade actually
exists, as long as it doesn't belongs -as far as I know- to PPI issues,
I think it would be better not to do it. However, I think this
> The only reason why I would expect thisto change this perhaps is if
> TRIPS hurts US interests, e.g. if the Chinese benefit more from TRIPS
> than the Americans. Experience shows that legal "logic" is subordinate
> to economic interests.
is a good analysis, concerning TR/IP/S, in order to think about what to
expect from different countries and political realities -USA from EU, EU
from USA, EU from China, Latin America from USA and EU, Australia from
the forementioned, etc (remember, Reinier, there aren't only EU members
in this list)-.

Carlos Ayala

( Aiarakoa )

Partido Pirata National Board's Chairman