[pp.int.general] !! Denmark censors Internet, blocks The Pirate Bay

Jan Huwald jh at sotun.de
Tue Feb 5 21:15:54 CET 2008

0. Carlos, please fix your quotation line breaks!

> What I think RIcardo was saying -as he said it as an answer to my former
> mail- is that it would be dangerous that people finally think of
> circumvention of laws as a solution against harmful laws/court judgments.
> Not only because of becoming criminals shouldn't be found acceptable -as I
> said in my former mail, not only using but even just having
> DRM-circumventing tools is considered a crime against common law-, but if
> people find themselves comfortable with that idea of "no problem if X
> law/court judgment does not allow me to do Y, I'll circumvent the
> prohibition", I think they won't probably be worried anymore about the true
> problem: the very existence of that law or the reasons for that judge to
> release that judgment.

1. Code is law. As a party we should write and promote laws (traditional ones
and code).
2. _Certain aspects_ of the freedom of information are implicit laws of
computer spaces almost as unavoidable as gravity is in the physical world.
Showing this nature of information space is one of the best advertisings for
our party.
3. Civil disobediance is and will be an important part of the "pirate
community" (not identical to pirate parties) as well as modern citizenship in
the current surveillance society

Have to stop writing the mail because of our national board meeting.

Regards,
Jan