[pp.int.general] Thursday 20:30 Pirate Manifesto Procedures

Carlos Ayala aiarakoa at yahoo.es
Fri Feb 8 03:09:38 CET 2008

De: Wybo Wiersma <wybo at logilogi.org>
Enviado: viernes, 8 de febrero, 2008 0:11:32

saturday
or
sunday
20:30
GMT,
reply
to this
post...

There are here, I think, some misunderstoods that should be solved. The first one is that people in PPI seem to think that these meetings are just for 3-4 people -the 3-4 people that were in the workgroup in Berlin-; absolutely no, representatives from

- France -Valentin? others?-,
- Poland -Maciej? others?-,
- Sweden -Christian? Rick? ¿others?-,
- Denmark -Ole? others?-,
- Germany -I know that Germany was represented by Jan Huwald last monday, though he didn't come yesterday to the meeting, despite he committed to transmit Piratenpartei's stance on the delegates thing*; Jan, if you're too busy or not enough caring for this commitment, there is no problem with Piratenpartei choosing another representative to define the remaining issues before starting the Manifesto's first phase-,
- Austria -Ben? Max? others?-,
- of course Spain and Netherlands,
- also Russia and USA -this is not PPI's platform for European Election, but Pirate Manifesto-,
- even currently forming pirate parties like Romania, UK, Italy, Australia, etc

all of us are required to efficiently and properly solving this questions; and those are two big questions:

- *who will participate on first phase -the proposal is on the table: 1 representative per country (Wybo offers, as a fair deal, 1 extra representative for Piratpartiet and Piratenpartei Deutschland, as they are currently the pirate parties with highest amount of members)-, and
- how will be voted the Manifesto's amendments at the end of second phase

The second misunderstanding I think it's happening ... are you, folks, aware that Uppsala meeting will have place in June, from 27th to 29th? Are you aware that the clock doesn't stop, that calendar sheets continue falling, that two weeks ago we had 5 available months to finish the Pirate Manifesto, but now we only have 4 1/2?

- if we continue delaying this, and as in Berlin was decided to definitely approve the Manifesto at Uppsala, we'll suffer a severe shortage of time; we still have time, don't rely on untrustworthy last-minute decisions

- why did we decide to approve the Pirate Manifesto in Uppsala? just because is the next International Conference? I don't think so: as always happens in politics -specially when an election is not set inmediately after summer-, when summer ends a political party involved in an election must fully focus on that election; so I think we decided to approve the Manifesto at Uppsala because we want to have our duties up-to-date, and focus on the European campaign just after summer ends -to have a nice 9-month period to develop a proper campaign-.

As I expressed in Berlin, in Spanish PIRATA we suffer a lot -because though we have 1,500 supporters, we only have 62 members (which means a severe shortage of human resources which delays everything); and because we have to struggle so hardly to do even the simpliest duties-. However, within PPI we are thousands and thousands of members -maybe adding members from all pirate parties, roughly nearly 7,000 or 8,000- so I see all our potential and hope that PPI becomes inspirational not just for PIRATA but for currently small already formed pirate parties, and also for forming ones -by becoming a finely working machine which can be used as a mirror-.

Let's make this happen: let's gonna meet around a table -a virtual one-; let's gonna find out how will we work on this -the two remaining issues to be defined-; and after that ... let's gonna start working the manifesto. Do you agree? Everybody in the house who actually agree, as Wybo ask for, raise your hand and say: I commit to make this happen, I commit to have the Manifesto finished just in time for Uppsala. I believe we can make it ... if we commit to :) Regards

                                                                                     Carlos Ayala
                                                                                      ( Aiarakoa )

                                                               Partido Pirata National Board's Chairman