[pp.int.general] European Social Forum 2008

Mattie teirdes at gmail.com
Mon Feb 25 08:54:15 CET 2008

Hello,

Those I haven't asked about ESF 2008 yet: I'm sorry. I'm finding it
difficult to keep track of who everyone is and i wanted the invitation
to be personal. Also, I wasn't all clear on every little detail. I've
been asked by several people to send regular updates on ESF and how
our planning is coming along.

It's coming along like this:
<http://openesf.net/projects/immaterial-rights-reforms/project-home>

Some of it is in Swedish, but most of it is also in English (except
some of the Sweden-specific things).

I've been obsessing about the EU for a bit, and today concocted a plan
to apply for their money. I found this:
<http://www.eurocult.org/we-support-cultural-cooperation/grants/>
<http://eacea.ec.europa.eu/youth/calls2008/action32/index_en.htm>

If we can apply for an EU grant and get it, that means we can pay for
non-Swedish citizens to come here and stay and make merriment.
Unfortunately, it requires us to know more about what we want to do
and how, and a lot faster because that dead-line is set for April 1st.

The project-finish dead-line for ESF events is on May 31st so quite a
bit shorter.

There's probably lots of rules for these things that I haven't looked
up yet. The application forms look like they aim for projects we could
pull off in September.

Regards,
Amelia