[pp.int.general] Good news and Conference?

Rick Falkvinge (Piratpartiet) rick at piratpartiet.se
Thu Jan 3 14:00:40 CET 2008

Good news: seven Swedish MPs from the ruling coalition today break off from
the party line and present a coherent analysis of the connection between
file sharing and right to privacy that's straight out of our books.

They write in the press today that legalizing file sharing is not just the
best solution, but the only solution, and they justify it using pirate
rhethoric - that the alternative is a dystopian Big Brother state with a
copyright industry that will never cease to demand more.

That's seven out of 349, but it's still a light in the tunnel.

In other news, when and where do we assemble for the Berlin conference? It's
getting late to book flight tickets if we want good prices.