[pp.int.general] You have GOT to check this out

Jan Huwald jh at sotun.de
Sat Jan 19 15:02:45 CET 2008

Am Samstag, 19. Januar 2008 13:07:48 schrieb Rick Falkvinge (Piratpartiet):
> The greens are entering the fight, starting with Sweden but - and this is
> important - funded by the European Greens.
>
> It's another step upwards in the right direction.
>
> http://thepiratebay.org/tor/3984333

Great. Rick, please don't turn of your magical great-news-machine ;-)

1. As far as I see the campaign is not limited to Sweden (may be an offline
part is).

2. They have some political requests ("hidden" at
http://iwouldntsteal.net/support.htm ). Most of them are boring (more
collective societies) or pure rethoric (more rights for creators), but one I
find extraordinary interesting (although I do so more from a philosphical
point of view than a political one):

They want a tax on advertisments wich is dedicated to culture funding. I love
the idea (and actually thought proposing it would immediatly brandmark one as
communist), because:
a. Advertisments pollute information space by false information and destroying
poeples (and therefore society's) attention
b. Those polluting the information space should pay compensation for that
damage
c. Culture (including journalism) can clean up information space and also
extend it

The big problem left is that of distribution, but as this is the problem of a
society in general, there is no need for a solution over night. I'm sure a
mixture of traditionalism, constant try-and-error and democracy will solve.

3. Just to mention: in Germany the green's youth organisation engages for
the "Kulturflatrate" - levy on internet access

4. Your (Rick) recent links directly transform into articles for my
blog :-) .. as already said: don't stop
http://88.198.95.68/index.php/2008/01/19/europaische-grune-sprechen-sich-fur-filesharing-aus/

Regards,
Jan