[pp.int.general] preliminary result of the election in Hesse, Germany

Jens Seipenbusch pxkqq6z9-ppdml at yahoo.de
Mon Jan 28 10:59:54 CET 2008

Hi Pirates,

as you can see here: http://statistik-hessen.de/S12.htm
we managed to get 6 955 votes equalling  0,3  % of all votes.

With this, we have reached our minimum goal set for this election
(although we would have loved reaching 1% of course).

Since this election was (and still is) dominated by the head-to-head
race of the conservative and the social-democrat candidates, and many
people just voted _against_ the current head of government (and
therefore mostly for the social-democrats), it is an even better result.
Congrats to Thorsten Wirth and all pirates, that helped wit hthe
election campaign!

So in fact this was a good weekend for the pirate movement in europe,
our meeting in Berlin has added to this, of course.

best regards,
Jens

PS: I'm sorry, that our international wiki is currently affected by some
technical problems we have with our webserver - we are working on it.