[pp.int.general] Political Party X (was: Uppsala Declaration)

Félix Robles redeadlink at gmail.com
Thu Jul 3 01:42:53 CEST 2008

*  Joining another EU-Parl group would be bad.

If we get enough votes to form our own group that would be best. But if
not we could get better political influence by joining another group. We
would not be bound by it, as we can leave the group if we want. And the
group we (if needed) join do not support our issues we can leave it
again. This will help pressuring a larger group of parliamentarians to
support our issues in order to get our votes on issues where we do not
care in exchange for them voting for our issues.*

That is incompatible with our statutes, and indeed our statutes can be
changed... except for that part and for a good reason. Moreover, I quote
this part again:

*to support our issues in order to get our votes on issues where we do not
care in exchange for them voting for our issues

*Truth is that we DO care about those issues, it's just that we don't have
an ideological position. On the Spanish PP, we do care about those issues in
which we are neutral in principle, it's just that we have united together on
those issues even when we may disagree on non-core issues because nowadays
nobody is defending our position on PP's core issues, but individually we DO
care very much about non-core issues. As everyone individually cares about
non-core issues, exchanging our support on non-core issues for
something/nothing, would just divide us and would be the end of the Pirate
Parties.

We cannot deny this fact, because doing so would simply be the perfect
betrayal of the principles in which the Spanish Pirate Party is founded.

Regards,

Felix Robles, a member of the Spanish PP