[pp.int.general] Pirate Manifesto Reloaded

Bernhard Schillo b.schillo at gmx.net
Sat Jul 12 11:47:07 CEST 2008

aloa5 schrieb:

> Bernhard Schillo schrieb:
> > So we have to sharpen our image as a party which
> > works for human rights
>
> We are actual a party wich have privacy and so called intelectual
> property in program. You can mention that are parts of human rights. But
> to say we are working for human rights is not really true. Human rights
> are more than 95% non-core issues (even if privacy is really very
> important for protecting other human rights).

I didn't meant we work work for human rights in general. I meant that our
core issues are very important human rights and also important for
protecting other human rights as you say.

"Universal Declaration of Human Rights - Article 12.

No one shall be subjected to arbitrary interference with his privacy,
family, home or correspondence, nor to attacks upon his honour and
reputation. Everyone has the right to the protection of the law against
such interference or attacks."

"-Article 27.

(1) Everyone has the right freely to participate in the cultural life of
the community, to enjoy the arts and to share in scientific advancement and
its benefits."

--> cool!

"(2) Everyone has the right to the protection of the moral and material
interests resulting from any scientific, literary or artistic production of
which he is the author."

--> this doesn't mean "intellectual property" as it's understood by the
industry, i suppose. At least we can say because of Article 12 and Article
27 (1), that privacy as well as free culture not only are very imortant for
protecting other human rights but are itself human rihts. :)

Regards
Bernhard