[pp.int.general] Collecting signatures for 2009 European Election, and other requirements

Carlos Ayala aiarakoa at yahoo.es
Sat Jul 12 21:03:45 CEST 2008

----- Mensaje original ----
De: Matthias Weiler <matthias.weiler at mymail.ch>
Enviado: sábado, 12 de julio, 2008 20:46:32
> The facts from Austria:

> We need the same amout of signatures as we do for national elections.
> That means 2600 signatures. Between 100 and 500 from each province. We've got time from 68 Days before election
> (I'm not 100% sure aboutthat) until 37 Days before election.

We have no time restriction in Spanish Election Law

> As an alternative to the 2600 signatures, support from three members of the national parliament or one member of the
> EU-parliament would be okay to run for election. Is this the same in other european countries?

There is the chance of being granted right to concur by getting 50 signatures from MPs from any Spanish Parliaments -National (Congress and/or Senate), Autonomous or Local-; however, we prefer to not depend on signatures from other parties, and allow citizens to be the ones who actually grants us permission to concur to European Election. Regards,

                                                                                      Carlos Ayala
                                                                                      ( Aiarakoa )

                                                           Presidente de la Junta Directiva Nacional de PIRATA