[pp.int.general] Pirate Manifesto's fourth session: summary

Carlos Ayala aiarakoa at yahoo.es
Fri Jul 25 08:53:43 CEST 2008

Date: 24th of July, 2008
Time: 18:00 UTC (20:00 CEST)
Place: #ppi channel at irc.piratpartiet.se

________________________________

We've started with the Pirate Manifesto First Draft development. Yesterday simply created the structure -sections- of the text, and focused on discuss on the common stances of pirate parties.

We've already solved the nuances on common points for Civil Rights and Liberties and non-core issues -about non-core issues, at least regarding the Manifesto context-, while still needing debate on Patents, Trade Marks and Author's Rights for common stances with nuances; that will be done in next session.

We also expect to be able in next session to deal with the two categories not enlisted by all pirate parties -Information Society; and Government Transparency and Accountability-, to manage to include both in the Manifesto considering that not all pirate parties include some or all of them within their core issues.

Finally, in next session or -if we run out of time- in the following one, we would deal with controversies, existing in Civil Rights and Liberties and also in Patents. There aren't quite many, though they are and they have to be dealt with. After having solved all these debates we will be able to focus -according to the requirements for the Manifesto development- to properly write the First Draft; we're having a good pace though to keep it, and even to increase it, we need maximum attendance for the remaining meetings until Stage One's deadline (31st of August).

Next meeting will be held on thursday, 31st of July, at 18:00 UTC (20:00 CEST) in #ppi at irc.piratpartiet.se

Also, as some folks were unable to easily locate Pirate Manifesto contents, I made some changes in the wiki main page, linking to the Pirate Manifesto wiki category. Regards

                                                                                  Carlos Ayala
                                                                                  ( Aiarakoa )

                                                       Presidente de la Junta Directiva Nacional de PIRATA