[pp.int.general] Pirate Manifesto: using Uppsala as a re-launching platform

Carlos Ayala aiarakoa at yahoo.es
Thu Jun 26 05:07:08 CEST 2008

Hello:

As you remember, the Pirate Manifesto schedule was a complete failure, mainly due to the lack of participation of representatives from the pirate parties -actually only PIRATA, Piratpartiet, PPOE and Piraten Partei Deutschland participated in the early stages; there was someone that suggested the Manifesto's draft to be written by only 1-2 representatives but ... to be honest, that's not my idea of a teamwork-. This is -still is- the Pirate Manifesto's wiki page.

My proposal comes as follows: to take advantage from the Uppsala meeting to fulfill the following duties:

- appoint representatives from all relevant pirate parties -up to date, neither Denmark, nor Finland, nor France (do I miss someone?) have representatives appointed-, and obtain their compromise to remain active and participative during the Manifesto development procedure
- set new deadlines for Stages 1 & 2, as well as the voting procedure for the amendments in Stage 2 -this is optional as it may be agreed during Stage 1; however, it would be preferable to be decide as soon as possible-
- complete a table of the ideology (manifesto) of each pirate party, in order to be able to identify, at a glance, our common points and our -greater or lesser- disagreements

I firmly believe that, after finding what we do agree on and what we do disagree on, it will be pretty easier for us to write the Pirate Manifesto -sticking to the guidelines previously agreed-. Ok, finally we weren't able to sign it in Uppsala ... but I'm 116 % sure that, if we complete this table of pirate parties at a glance, we will be able to sign it in Saint Petersburg :) Regards,

                                                                                          Carlos Ayala
                                                                                          ( AIarakoa )

                                                                    Partido Pirata National Board's Chairman