[pp.int.general] Uppsala Declaration

Carlos Ayala aiarakoa at yahoo.es
Mon Jun 30 11:01:18 CEST 2008

----- Mensaje original ----
De: Anton Tamminen <anton.tamminen at piraattipuolue.fi>
Enviado: lunes, 30 de junio, 2008 10:31:05

Carlos Ayala wrote:
> > - is this a preliminary draft? a final draft? or a definitive text?

> During the conference, this document was prepared more or less to be a press statement about the conference itself as
> well as an announcement that we are participating in the European Parliament elections. As a platform or manifesto -
> yes, I'd say it is but a draft.

So it's intended to be the PPI platform, as well as a press release.

First of all, we -in Berlin- wanted 5 months ago to develop a manifesto of principles before starting our platform for 2009 Election. During these 5 months almost no one -only Amelia, who nonetheless wanted to write the Manifesto's First Draft on her own ot at most together with me (not PIRATA's concept of teamwork); and later Helmut from PPDE and Matthias from PPOE- participated in the Manifesto's First Draft development. And from the initial view -it requires some days, weeks, to develop a well-formed, binding, inspiring, press-candy text- ... now Uppsala brings the surprise of a text conceived in 1-2 days, leaving aside all the principles that we agreed on five months ago -pay special attention on requirement 7th: antithesis of a political platform-.

It's not serious; in my humble opinion it seems that the goal -for someone, don't know who- was to get a press release from Uppsala, specifically a Manifesto/Platform, at any cost. However the cost cannot be forgetting all what we agreed on and change in 1-2 days.

Finally, I hope it's only a preliminary draft and not a definitive text -yes, Anton, you might leave Uppsala having left a draft; but it seems that what Marten shown yesterday was "we have now finalised a European Pirate Parties Declaration of a basic plattform for the European Parliaments election of 2009, wriiten in Uppsala. Or the Uppsala Declaration for short", so maybe Marten & Co. had other plans in mind-.

> > - who has written it?
> It is a short document compiled of the pieces of text that were produced in the work groups that were set up to discuss
> different issues, among others copyright, patents and civil rights, meaning the authors are those who participated in
> the conference.

I'll analyse the contents later; so such contents were written by all of you? I mean, Netherlands, Germany, Austria, Finland, Sweden and Denmark? Supporting word by word the text announced by Marten?

Apart, there were some missing members -Poland, France, Spain, only in the EU scope- which cannot attend last weekend. It's daring for Marten to call it the European Pirate Parties Declaration.

> > - who has already signed it?
> Nobody, AFAIK. To my knowledge, it is not intended to be signed either

But it cannot be the Conference's press release if it hasn't the approval of the attendant parties. It would be like if me, from a concrete pirate party, write a statement representing PPI, without the approval of the rest of pirate parties, how would I arrogate myself the status of spokesperson? If nobody has signed that declaration, then that declaration is nothing, as it talks in the name of no one. Regards,

                                                                                   Carlos Ayala
                                                                                   ( AIarakoa )

                                                            Partido Pirata National Board's Chairman

P.S.: And now, let's gonna start with the analysis ... in a different mail -I don't want this one to get longer-