[pp.int.general] [Fwd: Tell the EU: Keep Copyright Sound!]

Ricardo Cristof Remmert-Fontes ricardo.cristof at remmert-fontes.de
Wed Mar 5 20:54:53 CET 2008

fyi

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
Betreff: 	Tell the EU: Keep Copyright Sound!

[Apologies for cross-posting]

"Sound Copyright" is a campaign operated by the Electronic Frontier
Foundation (EFF) and the Open Rights Group (ORG)
http://www.soundcopyright.eu/**

Copyright in sound recordings currently lasts for 50 years. An
independent review (the "Gowers review") commissioned and endorsed by
the UK government says it should remain at 50 years. Yet the recording
industry continues to demand that this term be extended. But term
extension would be an injustice to European musicians and musical
culture, and may harm our economy.

*A handful of major record labels are trying to break a fifty year-old
promise. Musicians and their fans will not be the only victims.*

If you agree that copyright term on sound recordings should not be
extended past 50 years, please sign the petition linked here:
http://www.soundcopyright.eu/petition

We'll use your support to help us lobby in Brussels. We've already
collected 6268 signatures - please add your own!

Viele Grüße,
Ricardo Cristof Remmert-Fontes

--
Arbeitskreis Vorratsdatenspeicherung
c/o Humanistische Union e.V.

Fon: +49-30-94881297
Fax: +49-700-25808789
Mobile: +49-170-2487266
Jabber: rcrf at jabber.org
E-Mail: rcrf at vorratsdatenspeicherung.de
Web: http://www.vorratsdatenspeicherung.de

My GnuPG-Key:
http://cristof.remmert-fontes.de/downloads/pgpkey_rcrf.zip
Key-ID: 25038B2F
Fingerprint: 5EA8 EF99 1B99 04DF 70C8 5F6E 85BC CA54 2503 8B2F