[pp.int.general] Charlie McCreevy speech on private copying levies

Sina Amoor Pour sina.amoorpour at gmail.com
Tue May 27 23:26:36 CEST 2008

Ah, sorry, didn't know.

I think the following is the most interesting part of his speech:

" I had in mind suggesting a Forum where the Collecting Societies and
Industry would look at issues involving cross-border trade and electronic
commerce of consumer electronics as well as the basis and calculation of the
different levies.

I do not want to prescribe what such a forum would discuss but it appears to
me that the following points merit attention:

Third, seeing if broad principles can be worked out on how levies could be
calculated taking into account future technological developments."