[pp.int.general] Pirate Manifesto: Start of voting window (Amendments' changes after the one week extra time)

Valentin Villenave v.villenave at gmail.com
Sun Nov 9 13:58:58 CET 2008

2008/11/9 Carlos Ayala <aiarakoa at yahoo.es>:

> I'm glad that Anton agrees about such important issue; and If the rest of
> representatives think that we can't be overly flexible, and that however
> Anton's amendments deserve a chance in spite of having being proposed out of
> time ... if and only if both things happen, I'll accept that decision -I'll
> accept it anyway, the variable is me remaining in charge- and I'll remain in
> charge -as long as the rest of the representatives want to, of course-.
> Regards,

I am living (probably) the craziest weeks in my life so far, and
therefore hadn't the time to elaborate on the amendments I had in
mind; however I do understand the need for a deadline, and your
additional week has been much appreciated; this was the proof some of
us did need to not feel this Manifesto as a bureaucratic, inhuman
thing.

As it has been pointed out in a former mail, the translation issue is
crucial in this process, since most PP members around the world don't
speak English fluently enough to fully understand the Manifesto at any
point of its making. At some point we will have to demand that parties
who take part in the process take the time to translate it and discuss
it with their local members -- which I'm personally looking forward to
doing here in France.

Anton's proposals seem sensible to me, and worth considering even
though they were slightly out of time. I think that (as human beings)
we can tolerate that, and I will certainly not oppose to accepting his
amendments (besides, I'm not sure I could, since the official
representative for the Parti Pirate is still Florian Lauté :-).

Cheers,
Valentin