[pp.int.general] Six months to go

Carlos Ayala aiarakoa at yahoo.es
Mon Nov 10 20:21:13 CET 2008

De: Rick Falkvinge (Piratpartiet) <rick at piratpartiet.se>
Enviado: lunes, 10 de noviembre, 2008 19:35:50
> You keep saying that pp.se is wrong to not take part in your initiative,

Wrong. It's not my initiative, not even yours -in spite of you having been the first person in charge-, but our initiative. Again, we agreed -you too- in Berlin to fulfil this task.

> first by citing how many others are taking part in (like that would matter)

It seemed to matter to you when you said in your former mail, "If you do not rally enough supporters to a cause, in this case a declaration with signatures, it is not the people who aren't interested who are at fault", in spite it was not true. We -the rest of eligible voters- all have participated, more or less, in this task; why you didn't?

> and second by pointing at another early initiative at a manifesto (the purpose of which was
> fulfilled by other means).

Wrong again. Which other means, you mean Uppsala Declaration?

- as long as I know, it has not been signed by any single
- it's not a manifesto
- it doesn't match the requirements agreed at Berlin

of course I point ... not at another early initiative, but at the same initiative; the only difference is that we all chose to discard a preset text and to start the Pirate Manifesto from zero. Apart from that change, it's actually the same initiative.

> Again, the situation is very straightforward: if you want the participation of pp.se, you need to
> convince pp.se -- me or other officials reading this list -- that devoting resources to arguing
> about an internal piece of paper is more important than devoting resources to gearing up for the
> swiftly oncoming election.

The internal piece of paper is as valuable as it was two years ago ... sorry ... eleven months ago, when that internal piece of paper contained exactly the draft proposed by you.

Apart from that, the principles remain, specially: reflecting what do we all want, which are our common goals; to become stable; longlasting, as valid now as in the future -whatever the version that applies in each time, it will be a version to be observed-; it's meant to be the embryo for an unified international
movement, so it has to get enough abstraction to allow every single
pirate party to look at Pirate Manifesto and say proudly this is my manifesto; a model to be followed, to give us impulse in the hard times,
to give us a point of reference, to allow us to always remember who we
are and which goals do we pursue; deserving to be echoed by media; and specifically Pirate Manifesto must not to be a platform, as platforms are for elections, are specific action plans, while a manifesto is more about ideas.

> Implying that pp.se at fault for not understanding the obvious importance of this task is not
> going to work. I do not any significance of that paper in changing whether we get Swedish votes
> in Europarl or not, and that is the only decision-making criterion at this point. If we devote
> resources to a particular action, does that help us get votes in the necessary quantity, or does
> it not?

Swedish votes? We are talking about us, the PPI movement, Rick. We are talking about us altogether.

We are talking about what do we are, not in a national basis, but as an international movement. We are talking about defining ourselves in a basis that can be accepted by all of us and that can become our framework in the future, when time to act and work together comes. We are talking to lay the foundations for a solid international movement, and not only EU-wide -PPUS and Pirate Party Australia also count-.

Do you want pragmatism instead? Fine: the amount of signatures collected by me between Spanish citizens increases notably when I say that we are not just a national entity, but part of a worldwide movement; I bet that same happens to you in your home countries, during your signature collecting campaign. Will Pirate Manifesto help us getting more votes? I bet it will, because union makes us stronger, and stronger parties achieve better results in elections.

And again: all these facts remain as valid now as when you were at charge of the Manifesto and the contents of the draft were entirely written by you. Because the aims, the goals of the Manifesto, are exactly the same as agreed in Berlin; nothing has changed since then.

Nobody is going to believe that you think that Pirate Manifesto is not worthy, when you earlier agreed with its worthiness. If you were there, In Berlin, 9 months ago, and you agreed in front of German, Dutch, Austrian, Spanish, French, Polish and Danish representatives -which were are all witnesses of your OK- with this duty, what happens? Have you changed your mind since then? When did it happen? Why did it happen unnoticedly for all of us -unnoticedly, at least, before Uppsala-?

Time to leave things clear came, Rick. Regards

                                                                      Carlos Ayala
                                                                      ( Aiarakoa )

                                                Partido Pirata National Board's Chairman