[pp.int.general] Pirate Manifesto: Finally, amendments showdown

Christian Hufgard christian.hufgard at piratenpartei-hessen.de
Tue Nov 11 11:39:39 CET 2008

Zitat von Mirco da Silva <mirco.da.silva at piracy-international.org>:

> Christian Hufgard schrieb:
>>
>> Yes, some pirates are anarchists,
>
> Look into history.
> Pirates never obeyed to the laws of any state.

Except those, who had letters of marque and were nothing more than
sailing mercenaries.

> The only rules they accept and follow are their own pirate codex varying
> an all autonomous units (aka pirate ships or fleets, projects - u name it)
> In fact they were and are blamed to be the enemy number one to the
> civilization of the empires and their global (east india) trading companies.
> Guess why.

I think, that you won't accept "burning down ships, killing the
sailors and stealing their goods" as another possible reason?

> To prefer individual and decentralized freedom instead of collective
> centralized tyranny is a unique selling preposition of all Pirates - of
> all times.

As you say, they had rules to follow. So where exactly is the difference?

>>  but from my point of view,
> You, Christian, a.) are praising communism as an ideal, and b.) are
> declaring that it (quote) "would be good for the whole society detaining
> people like me in jails".

a) as an opposite zu capitalism: yes. but I know, that a true
communismn cannot be reached. so I waste only little time on that idea

b) don't grab quote out of there context. I think that was the thread,
when you claimed me to be a spy from government...

> You are using the "pirate thing" as a useful tool on your way to a
> dictatorship of the working class.
> For me the pirate partys are trojan horses carrying the code for freedom
> into authoritarian systems.

*rofl* Yeah, I'm wasting my time with the pirates, since I am afraid,
the will destroy the authoritarian democracy. Nice plot. Really nice.

>> they are a small minority.
>>

> The authoritarian the environment, the less pirates are present.
> (Vice versa works too.)

Well, think that's why the EU is increasing it's activities against
pirates in front of somalia.

You should really settle down on a straight accusation against me and
not mix them in even a single mail.

Christian