[pp.int.general] In regards to the PPI

Glenn Kerbein glenn.kerbein at pirate-party.us
Wed Nov 12 03:10:03 CET 2008

I would like to put in my two cents regarding everyone here.
It seems that as international parties communicate fairly well, we
still are very disbursed and decentralized. In order to remedy the
situation, I think that an international coordinating team should be
formed with the following tasks:
1.) Oversight and management of all Pirate Parties.
	This should provide a means of ensuring that all of the
	international pirate parties are both recognized in their
	respective countries, are legally allowed to operate within
	their domain, and, finally, ensure that one party does not
	over-step their boundaries, whatever that may be.
2.) Creation and maintainance of central website and communication
portal.
	This should include a main website, I think pirateweb.net is
	fine and should be used, with information regarding the
	parties as a whole, a link with some short text describing
	each party. A forum, or at least a "planet" with each party's
	informational RSS feed. A centralized, or, at least, a
	collection of each IRC network with party channels.
The Pirate Party International (PPI) should also have these properies:
1.) Electable officials, each with different positions of power, with
either independent or varying terms. PPI chairpersons should not also be
chairpersons of other countries's Pirate Parties as to prevent bias
when international meetings are held. PPI chairpersons may be
non-officers in pirate parties, and vice versa (PP chairpersons may be
non-officers in the PPI).
2.) A constitution that needs to be voted on, enacted, and collectively
adhered to by countries that are apart of the PPI.

--
Glenn Kerbein
Administrator
glenn.kerbein at pirate-party.us