[pp.int.general] Details on the 4th International Conference in Helsinki

Anton Tamminen anton.tamminen at piraattipuolue.fi
Sun Nov 16 03:27:10 CET 2008

Although some of the arrangements are still worked on, I can confirm the
following information:

Location: Helsinki, Finland
Dates: January 30th (Friday) to February 1st (Sunday)

The initial schedule is as follows:

Friday
We expect people to arrive along the day. We will be hanging out with
the local pirates and get to know each other. If there are any minors
attending, I'd like to know this beforehand, as we'll probably be
visiting some restaurants.

Saturday
We'll get started on whatever work we need to do not-too-early in the
morning. We are yet to confirm the exact location of our gatherings, but
it'll probably be in the city centre. In the evening those that are
interested are welcome to hang out with the local pirates and

Sunday
We'll be continuing our work until somewhere past noon, after which we
accept that people start leaving.

Try to book your flights ASAP as this will save you money. You will be
going for the Helsinki-Vantaa airport, from which it's a 30 minute drive
to the city. You can either take a taxi (probably around 30 euros), a
finnair flight bus (some 10-20 euros) or public transport (about 3.50e
or so, takes a bit longer). If you want to, we can try to pick you up by
the airport but we will need to know when you are arriving.  It'd bee
good if you could book your flights so that you arrive as early as
possible on friday so you have time to get acquainted with Helsinki,
your accommodation and the conference arrangements. We'll also instruct
you about moving around Helsinki. Let's hope you find your visit
interesting ;)

If any of you wants to come but cannot afford accomodation in the
hotels/motels/jugendherbergen in Helsinki, please inform me about this
well beforehand and we'll try to arrange something.

You can also present any and all questions about the arrangements to me.
Please use the address anton(dot)tamminen (at) piraattipuolue(dot)fi .

Regards,

--
Anton Tamminen
International Secretary, Member of the Board