[pp.int.general] Germany forwading censorship against wikipedia.de

Sun Nov 16 11:48:12 CET 2008

Am Sunday 16 November 2008 09:50:07 schrieb Eduardo RE:
> Hello everyone,
>
> I've just finished reading a slahdot story about how germany is using the
> previously critizised terrorific
Sorry, but what does "terrorific" mean? I can't find that word neither in my
Oxford Dictionary nor on leo.org. By the way, it is not Germany in the sense
of the government or any officials but just a single person that filed the
injunction and a stupid court which decided it without hearing the other
side.
> laws it has to prohibit temporally the
> forwading from wikipedia.de to de.wikipedia.org because someeone who is
> supposed to be an ex-Stasi member filed an injuction against wikipedia
> because it contains accusation to him being an ex-Stasi member. Wikipedia
> is already trying to get the injuction lifted.. more info in [1].
He was a Stasi-Member until 1990, that's for sure. The only difference is that
he says that his activities for the Stasi were part of his "extended military
service" and other people say he was a professional Stasi member.

The other thing is that he supposedly threatened an ex-companion (he is gay
btw) via SMS and his immunity was canceled because of that.

He says that it was not his ex-companion but just a renter instead and his
immunity wasn't canceled.

Well, he could just have corrected the Wikipedia-article himself or given the
Wikipedia-authors evidence for his claims but instead it seems he now has
provoked a big Streisand-effect all across the web.

regards
Helmut