[pp.int.general] PPDK's vote for First Voting

Carlos Ayala aiarakoa at yahoo.es
Sat Nov 22 23:44:54 CET 2008

In First Voting ballot I can read this from Ole Husgaard:

"With a formal protest that amendment 3 was annulled shortly before the
deadline, with no rule allowing amendments being annulled. We would
otherwise have voted for the text in amendment 3"

In spite of it being largely explained, Ole decided to make a formal protest. Let we revisit rules for proposing amendments, specially one of them:

"Each pirate party is allowed to decide whether is going to propose
amendments as a party, or will allow its member to individually propose
amendments.

- Pirate parties have to specify how are they going to propose amendments.
- If a pirate party is going to allow their members to
individually propose amendments, the author has to identify himself
adding the party where does belong together with the ID used in his
party -i.e., a number, a nickname or whatever ID is used in his party-."

So simply read my words: it's not truethat there were no rules regarding that issue -Helmut decided to allow PPDE individual members to propose amendments and Mr. Sievers and himself proposed some, including Stallman's Amendment; however, Jens Seipenbusch disallowed Helmut's decision, turned PPDE's amending mode into party mode and dropped most of up-to-then PPDE's amendments-; and it's not true that I were the one who annulled Stallman's Amendment, it was Jens who done it.

Hope that, once I've proven that it's not true, nobody insists in what is not true; because while I've been, I am, and I'll be really keen to answer all your doubts, I think that this is going far beyond what we would may consider a doubt -specially when it takes the form of a formal protest-. Hope this controversy -the one regarding how & why Stallman's amendment was dropped-finally becomes solved -and after the grammar & orthographic review that Ole requested, we may talk about Stallman's Amendment itself and the validity of its arguments-. Regards,

                                                                     Carlos Ayala
                                                                     ( Aiarakoa )

                                               Partido Pirata National Board's Chairman