[pp.int.general] FW: 11 oktober

Ole Husgaard osh at procard.dk
Tue Oct 7 01:02:51 CEST 2008

Snild Dolkow (Piratpartiet) wrote:
> Well, okay..
Good that I'm working late, since this arrived at my work mail... If
possible, please mail me at pirat at sparre.dk.

> I'm personally not interested in a party, and I don't think we can
> invite our members (many of whom are pretty young) to attend. At least
> not the Ung Pirat members.  (Besides, I'm going to a concert in
> Halmstad later that night, so...)
I agree that this is probably not for the young pirates, unless they are
at least 18. But the party is intended for young people, and the music
(several well-known names in DK) is also for young people. It is a big
party (we expect to allow about 400 people in, though the
fire-authorities allow 450), and we have hired professional doormen to
avoid any troublemakers coming in.

Also, I have quite a lot of money I have to give back (ie. it is lost
for me/us, and I have to say I'm sorry), unless I can spend it on people
coming from Sweden. This is why I want to give a dinner before the
party. If only a few shows up there is money for a really fine dinner
:-) but I hope more than a few from Sweden shows up.

> A CD handout could still be a good activity, though I'm not sure if
> people would find such a small event to be worth going to Denmark for..
I am myself a but ambiguous about the CD handout event. Basically it is
(also, besides telling people that terrorists and criminals can easily
circumvent) about promoting a legal circumvention, and circumvention is
IMHO just as bad as what is tries to circumvent, as it hides the real
problem. I see this event mostly as a way of getting to know new people.
As I already know most of the people attending this in Copenhagen, I am
going to attend in another city unless you are coming to Copenhagen for
it (in which case I'm going there to receive you and introduce you to
people).

> Amelia, Gustav.. any input? Should we cancel? Should we go for the CD
> handout? Gustav, I guess you're going to the party in any case, am I
> right?
What I really would prefer is that you find a train that arrives at
Copenhagen C around 18:00, and announce this with the party at 21:00 and
the dinner I'm offering to your people (Ung pirat over 18, and/or other
pirates in southern SE). If you let me know when you arrive at Cph. C,
I'll be there to receive you. If only a few people arrive there is money
for a really fine resturant dinner, otherwise we go for something
cheaper depending on the number of people.

Best Regards,

Ole Husgaard.

P.S: In case you need to call me, I have fixed net phone +45 6374 5032
and mobile +45 5050 32 21.