[pp.int.general] Österreich: Jorger Haider's death, what now?

Carlos Ayala aiarakoa at yahoo.es
Sun Oct 12 18:49:46 CEST 2008

----- Mensaje original ----

De: Valentin Villenave <v.villenave at gmail.com>
Enviado: domingo, 12 de octubre, 2008 17:32:17
> I've just read about Jörg Haider's death in a car accident yesterday; since there are several
> Austrian pirates on the list, I'd like to know if there's anything to be said or commented about
> this event: is this likely to change anything as far as Austria's political future is concerned?

> How does that affect the government, the ultra-right wing, and the future of democracy in
> Austria?

As far as I know, Haider's fellow party members have said that his party would may no longer exist without him. Good news? Not exactly ... some analysts guess that, as long as Haider was the main cause for the divide of his former party, his death would may bring a reunited extreme party -his former party and his current party, together, totalize roughly 30 % of votes-.

> How will he be remembered among the population?

This question can be better answered by PPOE members :) Regards,

                                                                    Carlos Ayala
                                                                    ( Aiarakoa )

                                              Partido Pirata National Board's Chairman