[pp.int.general] how do you feel about net neutrality?

aloa5 piratenpartei at t-online.de
Sat Sep 6 09:42:50 CEST 2008

Richard M. Stallman schrieb:
>     But in the States,
>     most of the network infrastructure has been built by private
>     enterprises
>
> Maybe that is true.  (I don't know.)
>
> 		who therefore also own it and should consequently be
>     allowed to do whatever they want.
>
> That does not follow!

Are "owner" of mobile telephone infrastructure allowed to do "whatever
they want" (example: filtering)?

I think - no.

And (as a second point) what about monopolies/oligop. in the US? Are
there any restrictions for them - for example allowing others to use the
infrastructure (to enable a free mart)? If not - it should be I think.
Monopolies are bad - also in the theorie of capitalism. Or (to precise
this) it is imho part of the so called neoliberalism that monopols have
to be controlled or avoided. It is (for sure) part of the German version
of the neoliberalism - the ordoliberalism wich is (in the end) called
"social market economy" (Ludwig Ehrhard/Manfred Müller-Armack).

Best Regards
ALOA