[pp.int.general] Terrorism, and you

Glenn Kerbein glenn.kerbein at pirate-party.us
Fri Sep 12 09:03:58 CEST 2008

Hello everyone,
	As I type this message, the clock is inching twards the last
few minutes of the eve of the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks on the US World
Trade Centers.
	I would like to take this time to bring an issue to your
attention, one that the German Party has brought up, as well as several
other parties I can't recall offhand. The issue being the Big
Brother/Orwellian/Draconian laws put in place in order to fight off a
false, distant enemy: terrorism. Don't get my wrong about my
intentions, I don't mean to dishonor those who have perish in the
attacks, nor do I want to insult the efforts of our brave men and women
overseas. I mean to bring to light something that most people have
overlooked, at least here in the States.
	The recent passing of the FISA (Federal ) Amendments Act of
2008 has passed our Congress, with flying colors, I may add, relieving
and granting legal immunity to telcos that have blatantly illegally
wiretapped all citizens. Nearly every day, Congress is creating some
cracked-up scheme of how to spy on everyday people; reasons often
hidden under the guise of either "Intellectual Property", copyright, or
anti-terrorism laws.
	I'd just like to mention that it's been pretty hard to get
support for our cause (privacy), at least find people as passionate as
myself, here in the States. I've found that most people are fine with
the way that things are, and that the way things are going is fine.
This, however, is not OK, since these laws often just trample all over
the Constitution, and our Bill of Rights. I can only hope that someone
in the United States hears this rant, this cry for awareness.

--
Glenn Kerbein
Co-Administrator
glenn.kerbein at pirate-party.us