[pp.int.general] What if the EU Parliament could rely on Free software?

Valentin Villenave v.villenave at gmail.com
Tue Sep 16 22:29:17 CEST 2008

2008/9/16 Richard M. Stallman <rms at gnu.org>:
> I wish they had spoken about free software and freedom
> rather than "open source".  If people support this,
> how about doing it speaking of "free software"?

Since when are there any MPs who care about freedom? Last time I
checked, Pirate Party had not been elected yet :-)

By the way, in France the distro they chose was Ubuntu, and not a
GNU-Free distribution (particularly if you consider its recent codec
partnerships).

By the way (bis), I forgot to mention where one can find the text of
the declaration:
http://www.europarl.europa.eu/sidesSearch/search.do?type=WDECL&language=EN&term=6&author=1977#

And a piece of news on computerWorldUK:
http://www.computerworlduk.com/community/blogs/index.cfm?entryid=1266&blogid=14