[pp.int.general] What if the EU Parliament could rely on Free software?

Daniel Nyström daniel.nystrom at piratpartiet.se
Wed Sep 17 10:20:16 CEST 2008

Valentin Villenave wrote:
> By the way, in France the distro they chose was Ubuntu, and not a
> GNU-Free distribution (particularly if you consider its recent codec
> partnerships).
A bit off topic, but:

https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/gobuntu-devel/2008-June/000795.html

"[..] the project will aim to merge many of the Gobuntu

changes into mainline Ubuntu, such as our "Free Software Only" installer
option which only installs software considered free by the Free Software
Foundation's definition of software freedom."

Not that bad IMHO.