[pp.int.general] PPI

Andrew Norton andrew.norton at pirate-party.us
Sat Sep 20 15:44:59 CEST 2008

A few weeks ago, I floated the idea at one of the manifesto meetings
about having someone working just on PPI stuff, rather than the ad-hoc
group of national party people who were dealing with ppi as a secondary
thing. Well, I've stepped down from my position as chairman of the US
Party, and I would like to take that role.

With the German news earlier this week, we had a fragmented and
disjointed mass rush on he press, with each country offering their own
press release, sometimes differing in content and point. We also have an
EU election in less than a year, as well as constant dealings with the
EU over proposals, and other international incidents (ACTA for one).

We need the website maintaining, we need better general contact between
parties, and we need help to get parties in more countries. There has
also been a little concern that parties from the EU have, in the past,
dominated PPI issues, leaving non-EU parties out of it a bit. I don't
live in the EU, but I am an EU citizen (UK) so I hope I can keep things
balanced as best I can.

Please, let me know what you think.

Andrew