[pp.int.general] HADOPI - "Copyright , egalite , fraternite "

Florian Lauté godfloyd at gmail.com
Sat Apr 4 17:38:30 CEST 2009

Officialy, a law named "Création et Internet" was voted on thursday night by
the french national assembly.

The main goal of this law is "cutting" the internet connection of people who
download copyrighted cultural material. In fact, some amendments was
redacted by the SGDN (National Defense General Secretary : army).
The cutting can be beetween two months and one year. The project is to send
10 000 emails a day to warn people downloading. 3 000 official mail a day
and 1 000 cutting a day. All the process will be done by only 7 persons. So
they to take decisions for each email, mail and cutting in only 22 seconds.
In this way the french internaute is presumed guitly and have no chance to
defend himself.

But, the law give the possibility to buy a proprietary software sell by the
government which will send information about you and what you are doing to a
central server. These information can be use for your defense. Officialy
only.

In the law another thing dangerous is the "labellisation" of internet site.
The government have now the ability to decide if your site is OK for french
internet or not. And want to constraint the search engine to use their
"labellisation" database. Disgusting. Just in one law neutrality of internet
and human law are rejected.

Some of us think that this law will be inapplicable. I hope so.

But in 15 days of debate we have heard some mistakes from the french
cultural ministre, Cristine Albanel. She sayd : translate for you "In the
assembly we have a free software, this fre software, OpenOffice.org comes
with a securisation software, like Microsoft Office". Another mistake, she
said, "we will provide a software to secure your wifi connection". And some
other mistakes and stupidity.

This law was written by and for musical major "industry".

That's all for the moment. Next step is senat.

Florian for the Parti Pirate.

2009/4/4 Glenn Kerbein <glenn.kerbein at pirate-party.us>

> "Again the industrie showed us that they do not like democracy. I hope
> the french are dusting of the guilotine!"
> I thought "cruel and unusual punishment" was internationally recognized.
> Then again...
>
> Samir Allioui wrote:
> > http://news.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=09/04/03/1432258 "Trick Used To
> > Pass French "Three Strikes"
> >
> > Valentin, is there a press statement ? Can you objectively tell us what
> > actually happend ?
> > The web is loaded with french story's , but there is no "clear" story in
> > the press over here, nor in english press.
> >
> > Again the industrie showed us that they do not like democracy. I hope
> > the french are dusting of the guilotine!

> --
> Glenn "Channel6" Kerbein
> Pirate Party of the United States
> "Burn, Hollywood, Burn"

N'imprimez pas vos mails, ou si vous le devez, pensez à réutiliser la
feuille comme brouillon. De plus, quand vous imprimez, ayez le réflexe de le
faire en noir et blanc et en choisissant une qualité moins bonne, surtout
quand il y a des images.
http://ekologeek.free.fr