[pp.int.general] Pirate Bay

Reinier Bakels r.bakels at planet.nl
Mon Apr 20 20:56:19 CEST 2009

> I hate to sound like an old nanny, but the tone in this thread is becoming
> rather hostile.
> Please try to remain civil, and I'd suggest leaving the 'who's the real
> pirate' discussion entirely, as it is, if nothing else,
> very off topic.
I agree, we should stop this thread. Incidentally, I don't think that it is
really off-topic to discuss the "real pirate" issue.
Of course I am aware that this is not black and white. But I chose the
position to defend the PP perspective.
It has (at least) three layers:
1. the legal layer: even at that level I made a correction
2. the publicity layer: newpapers suggest nonsense
3. the normative layer: in politicis, one is not bound by the state of the
law.
Enough is enough.
reinier