[pp.int.general] Let us organize a study session!

Andrew Norton ktetch at gmail.com
Tue Aug 4 15:39:30 CEST 2009

Another reason 'why not berlin' is  simply "Berlin is so 2008" In
other words, the meeting cycles between parties, in an attempt to make
it 'local' to each party in turn, and give each one a chance to how
things off. The PPI meeting was held in Berlin in Jan 08. Before it's
Germany's turn, it will be Austria's again (since they held the
meeting before). The order so far has been Austria, Germany, Sweden,
Finland (with no summer meeting this year, because of the proximity of
the EU elections)

And Brussels is a logical choice anyway, for the first meeting after
the first Pirate Party member is elected to office anywhere, in
Brussels. Has a nice symbolism there. Plus, great as the CCC is, the
PP tagging along their international conference onto their event isn't
doing many favours to either the CCC (which gets disrupted) or to the
PP (where it ends up playing second fiddle)

Also, something else to remember - there are parties outside of Europe
as well. Belgium is slightly more accessable (and cheaper) than
Berlin, from the US, Canada, and South America (nowhere is accessible
from Australia, sorry, but CrocodileDundeeistan is too far away...

Andrew